ALUMNI - SPC Oka Old Student Association Portal
2017 Exco Release By General Secretary; Segun Ologundudu
Great Patricians !!!
We give glory to God for our last AGM at SPC Oka which was a huge success.
We thank all members of SPACOOSA once again for your supports especially those who contributed financially and materially and those who physically attended the event.
We continually pray for God's blessings upon you all.
The Association is gradually maturing into the virile and active organization we all desired and deserved.
The Constitution was adopted at the meeting which expressly implies that our activities are now institutionalized and members can be properly guided and are bounded by the regulations and provisions therein.
The following should be noted:
- Our Acronym is SPACOOSA for ease of pronunciation.
- Our able leader and deputy should henceforth be addressed as NATIONAL PRESIDENT and NATIONAL VICE PRESIDENT respectively.
- Our general meetings will be ANNUAL.
- The TENURE of our Executive is THREE years renewable ONCE.
- MEMBERSHIP of the association is based on graduation from SPC AND PAYMENT of Annual Dues.
- Every SET should hold Set Reunion meetings both physically and on social media like WhatsApp groups to enhance bonding.
- LOCATION based meetings across all sets should also commence immediately. That is, members residing in a particular place or Area.
- Comprehensive membership list is currently being compiled for a solid database of members detailing current contacts and locations.
- To do this effectively all Set Coordinators are implored to liaise with the Secretariat regularly as it is continuous.
- All members are to pay Annual dues of 2000 Naira only and all Sets to pay 50000 Naira as Set Annual Dues.
- Financial year will run from March to February.
- Payment of both Dues commence immediately.
- This is an initiative conceptualised to generate continuous inflow of fund solely for infrastructural development of SPC.
- Voluntary partnership of members are solicited to contribute minimum of 1000 Naira every month to a dedicated account for development of SPC.
- Details of the modalities shall follow later.
- The two existing bank accounts still suffices for payment of all Dues.
- It should be noted that the above financial expectations does not foreclose other means of generating funds for development of the school and activities of SPACOOSA.
- Special Fund Raising events will be organized as occasion and situation demands.
- We also encourage SETS, Location Meetings and individual members to choose specific projects that can enhance the growth and development of the school and SPACOOSA for execution.
From observations and interactions with stakeholders at the last AGM, Also from presentations by the Principal and PTA, the following issues needs urgent attention in the school:
- Dilapidated classrooms.
- Dilapidated School Hall.
- Dilapidated Science Block.
- Lack of School Library.
- Lack of Alternative source of Power.
- Lack of Source of Portable Water.
- No Sporting facilities except the main School field.
- Total deficiency of Landscaping initiative.
- No motivational events like Prize Giving Day or Career Talk Day.
- Lack of Perimeter Fencing.
- Encroachment into SPC land.
- Etc Etc Etc......
Many of these highlighted challenges will require the intervention of SPACOOSA as a body and of individual members to surmount.
In the coming days, the Executive shall have a two pronged approach to affairs of SPACOOSA.
Firstly, we shall be working assiduously to promote bonding among members by working to establish Set reunions and encourage Location meetings.
This is a necessity to engender social interactions among members for individual development and growth enhancement of members.
Secondly, we shall be working on the best ways to fast track Infrastructural development of the School and mentoring the Students.
To achieve success in these aspirations and visions will no doubt require the cooperation and support of all members.
We therefore implore everybody to do their best in contributing to the realisation of these laudable aims.
As we earlier informed you, the school website www.spcoka.org
is fully functional and information will be uploaded on it regularly. Please always visit and check the Alumni link for updates.
Very soon, the membership registration link on the website will be ready. With this development, Old Patricians all over the world can register their membership online.
The Executive promises to do our utmost best to take SPC and SPACOOSA to an enviable height in the shortest period.
Thank You All.
Long live SPACOOSA. !!
Long live S P C !!